Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can rats eat raw pumpkin guts?

If so, how much is too muchCan rats eat raw pumpkin guts?
Yes and they love them! Raw is fine, but I roasted my seeds before I gave them to my girls and they really enjoyed them, just do not salt them! Salt causes heart disease in rats!





I got an idea from another Answers user, who said she gives a small pumpkin to her rats to ';carve';. She recommended that you start it for them. I haven't tried this with my girls yet, but I am positive they will have a blast with it!





They can have as much as they want. Pumpkin seeds are low in fat and just about any fruit or vegetable is good for them so you don't have to worry about them eating too much. But use common sense when you let them eat seeds. If you feel like they have had enough, just save the rest for later.Can rats eat raw pumpkin guts?
Hi!





Yes, of course! They'll love raw pumpkin guts!





Try and judge yourself as what is normal - how much would be normal for you to eat? It'll be the same for ratties. You judge how much YOU think will be too much for them - you know them best!





Lucky ratties! :)





Good luck and hope your ratties enjoy it!





Addition: EmmyJak, I gave my two a small pumpkin to carve and they LOVE it. Highly recommend it!
They can, I give my girls as much as they will eat in a day, which is about a tablespoon each.
rats can eat anything..and will !

No comments:

Post a Comment