Sunday, February 7, 2010

I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM: I have rats in my house, What should I do?

Rather than poison them and have them die and stink up your house, try traps. I have traps that i bought at the local hardware store that only cost a few dollars each, and are very effective for catching large rodents. The traps are a rectangular box style trap made from very hard wire. One end of the trap has a door on it that allows the rat to enter the trap but once inside is unable to get back out. These traps can also be reused as many times as you need. Very simple design, but works very well. Put a couple of these up in your roof. Rats are scavengers so it wont take them long to sniff out whatever scraps you choose to put inside. Once inside you just pick up and carry the trap by the handle and dispose of them however you choose. Its better than the awful smell your left with if you poison them and they die up in your roof or inside a wall cavity. Give it a try, i know it works. :)I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM: I have rats in my house, What should I do?
Wow, I had rats, too. One of two things got rid of them for me. It was either the pellet poison I poured in every hole I could find that killed them. Or it was cleaning up the brushpiles and all where snakes were---got rid of the snakes about the time they dissappeared, too.





The last time I saw one, I was on riding lawnmower behind house, had shorts on, naked legs. When I made a cut thru grass in back yard, a rat jumped up from a hole as high as my leg on that side of mower. I think he and I both almost died. I found later that they had tunnels from yard to underneath house. Smart little critters...............I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM: I have rats in my house, What should I do?
Forget the poison, get sticky traps. They can't get loose from them and can be easily disposed of. Rats are smart and learn to avoid poison after one dies. Same for live traps. They never seem to catch on to sticky traps though. Buy at the super market and bait with a bit of Peanut Butter.
go to a feed store and get poison blocks. Actually, you are better off getting a professional exterminator to trap them, when rats die in the walls it smells for up to three weeks.
Some details, please. Where do you live, house or apartment? Did you just move in? Do you have pets?

No comments:

Post a Comment