Friday, February 12, 2010

XtraVital for rats, ist it any good?

my local petshop has started stocking XtraVital for rats. has anyone baught it in the past and is it any goodXtraVital for rats, ist it any good?
I think i read somewhere that its supposed to be a good food for ratties, but a little expensive, i'm not sure if you live in the uk, or not, because i live in the uk, and use Wilkinsons own brand rat food, its really cheap to buy, but really good quality, its the only rat food my rats will touch, they go crazy for it, i mix it up with some sugar free cereals and a little dried pasta, and they go mad for it!XtraVital for rats, ist it any good?
I personally don't like using any sort of mix as the base of my rat's diet. I like to use a high quality lab block like Oxbow Regal Rats. Then I supplement it with fresh fruits and veggies, low fat proteins, the occasional bits of bread or past. You can also make a yummy grain mix called Suebee's rat diet.


http://www.oxbowhay.com/Shop/showProduct鈥?/a>


http://www.ratsrule.com/diet.html





I find that using a mix as the base of the diet can lead to dietary insufficiencies if the rat selectively eats certain parts. During a discussion with my vet he agreed that a quality lab block is the best choice for the base of the diet.
It's just a fancy label, rats can eat anything, I personally buy the Pets at Home reggie rat nuggets for my rats, they love them! This food is slightly more expensive than the crappy hamster food most people buy for thier pets.
It's ok i guess, not highly recomended. It's just like any other rat food, and little difference. It's not really your money worth.


-JoshLuver-

No comments:

Post a Comment