Friday, February 12, 2010

We have rats & mice in a house we just moved into & are freaked out to the possible health hazards.?

what should we do %26amp; what are the health risks,short term.We have rats %26amp; mice in a house we just moved into %26amp; are freaked out to the possible health hazards.?
Rodents carry lots of diseases. You need to kill them as soon as possible. My suggestion:





1. Make sure there are no alternate food sources around, such as pet bowls or open garbage cans.





2. Lay out a bunch of rat poison. Brodifacoum is best, one brand that has it is D-Con.





3. Look for another place to live!We have rats %26amp; mice in a house we just moved into %26amp; are freaked out to the possible health hazards.?
OMFG!!! You have my sympathy. At home about 18 years ago, they plowed a field near our aparment %26amp; both buildings had mice issues for MONTHS ugh...





I dont know if you have kids or pets or how bad the problem is but I would suggest calling a professional to come out to inspect the house %26amp; get it under control. If you own it, I would talk to the people/company you got the house from to see if they knew about it before you brought it. If you RENT it, the owner(s) are supposed to take care of this issue ASAP.





Honestly, I wouldnt stay in there until the house guests leave. They leave droppings everywhere, get into food (they EAT through cardboard %26amp; walls) %26amp; some of them bite. I would find relatives, friends or a hotel. Good luck! I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment