Friday, February 12, 2010

Would this make a good rat cage for 3 Female rats?

There are 3 Female Rats.. Adult --











heres a picture of it.. http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441777054%26amp;FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302047888%26amp;ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023695%26amp;bmUID=1174413800063%26amp;itemNo=21%26amp;In=ALL%26amp;N=2047888%26amp;Ne=2





Thanks!Would this make a good rat cage for 3 Female rats?
As far as size, it looks big enough for 3 rats. I am not sure this cage is made for rats, it looks like more of a ferret cage. I think the rats would love the tunnels, but I would double check the spacing first.





Petsmart does have some coupons at http://www.24houredeals.com/PETsMART-cou鈥?/a> if you need them.





Good luck.Would this make a good rat cage for 3 Female rats?
An answer would be best if the answerer didn't have to think if a cage might be good for rats. There should be experience and knowledge behind the answer to a question on rat-care, and not a guess. For an experienced answer see the one provided by spazrats.

Report Abuse



His profile reads, ';Online marketing expert tracking online deals, discounts, and purchasing trends for over 10 years. I have retained those publication trends to forecast when the best online deals are published';.

Report Abuse



This rat question got best answer for advertizing for Petsmart, not to give knowledgable advice on rat cages.

Report Abuse



Spam?????

Report Abuse



yes . i have 2 mice and i keep them in a large 20 gallon tank


but that would be perfect for them
ummm i would hate it but what ever... they are rats.
OH YES THAT'LL DO' ER
I saw that cage in my local pet shop a couple of years ago and was going to get it for my rats. I changed my mind as the bar spacing is huge and even my fattest male would have no problem getting through. Girls a lot smaller than boys so it would not be a good cage. The tube over the top worried me as well. It would be hard for the rat to use it effeciently and as someone said, it would be a nightmare to clean. Removing it would be difficult as it would leave 2 huge holes.


The cages I use at the moment are a Ferplast Furet Extra Large and Ferplast Brio Medium.
The bars might be too far apart. Rats can squeeze through bars if they are not close enough together.
it's nice but i would get a shallow forty gallon , rat will escape that thing
Beyond Good!!!!
I think that it would work! I had a rat named buttercup! She passed away. She was so awesome! I think I seen a big cage like this only it was cheaper and it had 3 levels. ok go to www.jefferspet.com and in the search bar type in ferret cage. There are 2 different cages. here is another site I found before my beloved buttercup passed. Just thought you might wanna check it out! http://www.dapper.com.au


I hope I helped and have fun!
There have been two complaints about those attachable tubes from people on the rat forums. They love the cage but the tubes get very soiled with use and are hard to clean.





I have a cage very similar to your choice, no tubes. It's this one:


http://www.rabbitstop.com/Merchant2/merc鈥?/a>


I added another full shelf and it's an awesome cage for male rats.





You will need to measure the bar spacing of ';your'; cage. A female rat will be able to squeeze through the bars if the spacing is 3/4 inch or bigger. If the spacing checks out, that would make a wonderful home for your girls.





If you have the time to keep the tubes clean, then by all means, keep the tubes on the cage. The tubes will certainly keep you and the girls entertained.





For more information on keeping rats as pets,please feel free to e-mail me (see my profile) and I would be happy to talk rats with you.





spazrats


';my life has gone to the rats';
That Would Make A Great Cage For 3 Females but If They All Get Lonley Get A Male And See What Happens From There!
I think it would make a lovely home for the rats. But it also depends on the rats size. If you think that it will be to small try looking at bigger cages. GOOD LUCK AND DON';T GIVE UP!
  • icons for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment