Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do rats poo and pee on you a lot? or how much?

tell me your experiences of ur rat and where u got them. (eg. a pet shop, a experienced pet shop, breeder or rescue etc)





and are the rats from average pet shops bad tempered?


how old are they usually?





p.s. i dont want to ask the people trhat work there because they probably know jack ****Do rats poo and pee on you a lot? or how much?
I got a couple of my rats from an exotic pet shop. My neurotic dumbo rat has never marked me. My oldest rat took a few months before she stopped marking me. My 2 babies mark where they walk sometimes, but not too often. Usually when rats are handled regularly they will learn not to mark you. I've never actually been peed on, just marked. I can carry my oldest rat around with me all day (i usually take her to the beach with me) and she won't poop or pee until I put her down. Rats will poop a lot when they are nervous or scared, so be aware of that. Otherwise they should very rarely poop on you.Do rats poo and pee on you a lot? or how much?
yeh your right, petstore people generally dont know anything.





i got my 2 rats at 6 weeks old from a lady who bought a rat from a pet shop and it ended up being pregnant.





i really don't know how old they are, if you get them from a pet store get them as young as possible this way it wont take as long for them to get use to you, plus older rats that have been in a pet shops wont be very friendly.





so either get them from a experienced breeder (make sure the breeder is a good breeder) or a rescue





i have never delt with rescue rats but generally they are in good condition and are friendly (it also depends on the rescue place)





they will only really pee on you if they are scared and they poop alot when scared too (like when first handling them). but if you litter train them well you will hardly get peed or pooped on.





good luck, have a great time getting rats, they are perfect pets =]
Well, rats will most likely pee and poo on you a lot at first, but strangely, that's their way of saying that they like you. :] After a few months of so, their peeing and pooping on you will decrease. ;) I got my rats on November 2nd, 2007 at Petsmart (NOT PETCO) Well, it depends on the rat stores and the rat's personality, but if they're bad tempered it usually just from being scared. And again, it depends on the rat store, but younger rats are usually sold. Sometimes older ones if they've been there for a while. ;)





RATS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!! :D *hugs*
only til theyre potty trained.


pet shop rats are all different, i had some very nice rats from a pet shop, but theyre really timid at first plus THEY COME FROM EVIL RODENT FARMS WHERE THEYRE ALL BRED IN TINY TANKS WITH 1 MALE 3 FEMALES AND SHITLOADS OF BABIES ALL CRAWLING OVER EACH OTHER AND THERES ROWS AND ROWS OF THOSE TANKS! evil *******! get your rats from some where nice!
i got them from a experienced pet shop . no thy are not bad temped only if you treat them wrong when you first get them. well they are normally under 2.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuxX0x7LI鈥?/a>
it should happen every once and a while but if it happens more then once there sick or afraid of you or something around you.
They don't usually pee or poop on you they mainly do that in their cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment